Monday, April 27, 2015

how I stay organized, productive, and motivated (for school especially)

Honestly, I really enjoy school. I like having school work to do at home, I like taking notes, etc. I just like the sense of productivity that school gives me. For those reasons, it isn't that hard for me to stay motivated. But I still have a few things that I do to keep myself organized, relaxed, and most of all productive. These are things I've been doing since 8th grade to keep my grades up and help me to be more relaxed when I have a lot to do. 

Planners, please. 
When I started getting homework, I kept a list of everything I needed to do. I'll look back into my old notebooks and, even as a first grader, I kept a to-do list with all my spelling tests and books to read. It's probably my most helpful tip that I'll be sharing today. GET A PLANNER. Right now, I have this Moleskin black planner. I write every assignment, event, band practice, etc. that I get right as I get it. It insures that I won't forget to do any of my work. 



large wall reminders that can't go unnoticed
I've had this white board for years now, but I have only been using it this way for a few months. I usually start my Sunday mornings by writing a countdown to something I'm excited for, all the homework I know I need to do, some reminders and goals for the week, and maybe some workout or other plans. I put one star by it if it's kind of important; I put two if it's really crucial that I get it done. I also copy down my homework from my planner onto this board when I get home each day. Having everything I need to do visualized in front of me helps me a lot.
Another thing I use this for is studying. I'll go through my notes and write questions on the board and write them in, like a sort of study guide. It helps my studying A LOT. 







pretty binders & new desk supplies
The last thing that keeps me motivated (mostly, there's also an aspect of organization) is getting new desk supplies. I always get really excited to use things that I get. For example, I recently bought this new binder/ notebook thing from Office Max. I plan to use it for AP World History next year. (I'm so nervous for that class because apparently it's the hardest AP in the school, but it's the only one offered for sophomores. I'm also taking Chem Honors, Engish II Honors, Integrated Math 3 Stem, and spanish 2. I hope I do well. I wasn't thinking when I signed up for every above level class available.) I normally don't like history, but I'm hoping that this binder will keep me motivated to do my work more.




Okay more about the binder: I think it's so cool. Like it's compact like a notebook and it came with binder paper so I can take notes and all, but it has rings that open like a binder. This thing is going to be so great; I'm so excited. (I wasn't paid to say that, I promise!)


But most of all:
You have to motivate yourself to be productive. If you have work to do, all you have to do is sit down and begin without thinking about it. A nice binder won't do your work for you. 
I'm thinking about deleting my tumblr next year or maybe giving someone my password to keep from me so I can save it for weekends & breaks. By the way follow me: froootiful.tumblr.com. (shameless self promotion, I'm not sorry.)
alright bye








No comments:

Post a Comment